The Ranch's long and colorful history began in 1948. The Ranch was built with the wood of a pilfered train trestle from near Sacramento. In the early years, Hayward's movers and shakers gathered at The Ranch because of its proximity to old City Hall. Local ranchers and farmers donated many of the antiques and memorabilia on display. We are now serving our third generation of happy diners at The Ranch.